Saturday, July 5, 2014

Chances

To me chances are a lot like moments, you may never get the same one twice.

If there's one thing I've learned from my angel mother it's the only time you waste is the time where you are unhappy or are making someone else unhappy. She took the chances in her life to improve her happiness.If she wasn't happy with a situation she would make the cognitive choice to take the chance and change the situation. I've always respected her for this, for taking the chances, which we all know also means she took risks. Let me preface this, my mom was by no means careless and carefully thought her moves over so she understood the implications of her decisions, but she also took advantage of life and what it had to offer her.


In some ways I am like her in this respect. I've taken chances, taken the calculated risks, but in others I've let a chance slip by to go for the ok, the comfortable. Looking back what I've realized is that although I protected myself by not taking some chances, I've also never gotten a second chance... To take those chances (cliche I know).

Maybe that's why chances are so significant, as intimidating as they may be to take, it's even more disheartening to have to ask yourself the "what if" question later on when you lose the opportunity. Some chances are small, everyday chances that we take or ignore in our daily routine, and some chances are those one in a million chances that put it all on the table.


Either way, chances are extraordinary things. When we take them we are never guaranteed of the end result, but when we don't take them we are guaranteed to miss out on the possibility.


I mean it really is as they say: "it's not about getting the chances in our lives, it's about putting ourselves out there and taking them ".... Because you may never have that same chance twice.






No comments:

Post a Comment