Wednesday, July 31, 2013

You Too! I Thought Was Only Me!

When I began this blog it was more so a way for me to finally talk about the events that have made me the person I am today. Losing my Mom. 

It's taken 5 years since my mom passed for me to get these stories out, and I am a very private person, but writing has always been a therapeutic outlet for me, and it was time to say what the hell. What I'm starting to realize from those relating to my posts is that although we're taught to be one-of-a-kind and original, sometimes it's nice to have those "You too! I thought it was only me" moments.

I would never wish for anyone to go through the experience I did, but it is nice to know that I am not the only one. This goes for a lot of things. It's the reason why people relate to music and entire web pages are dedicated to quotations. It's reassuring to know that someone, somewhere is feeling, has experienced and/or can relate to the same things as you.

Losing my Mom at such a monumental time in my life, I was really the only one I knew going through such a traumatic event. Everyone else got to worry about their college boyfriend, or finding a fake ID. I was worried about how life would never be the same, and wondering if things would ever be as good (i.e. When I graduated, if I get married and have children and not having my Mom for those moments).

Hindsight being 20/20 ... during this time I would've highly benefited from a "You too!" moment and my hope is these posts do just that for some of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment