Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Day for the Dads

On my blog you mostly hear about my mom, but there is an amazing dad behind who I am today as well. 


Coach, dad, confidant, businessman and friend my dad wears all of these titles and without a doubt has one of the biggest hearts I know.  People say that your dad sets the tone for the type of man your interested in and I have to say my dad has set the bar pretty damn high. I've said the traits and quirks that my mom gave me but my loud booming voice, my sense of humor, my way of worrying and my ability to speak to speak to anyone and anything are from him. ( it's safe to say that the two of us in a room together provide quite the entertainment). I thank my dad for everything he has done for me for dressing up like superman and I was super baby, for singing ridiculous musicals with me in the car, for teaching me how to dance, and for being there when I needed him most. I am very thankful to have him back in my life and we have more than made up for lost time. I certainly am my mother's daughter but I am also a daddy's girl.

Today I am also thinking of his dad, my grandpa Cosmo. That man would sing the here she comes miss America song every time I would walk into the room when I was a little girl. He came to the US and barely spoke English when he was a young boy . It was amazing to hear his stories of how he taught himself English and his evolution here in the states and I am lucky to have heard all of those. He was such a classy man as well, I loved when he would put on Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra  and he would dance with me and to this day I still enjoy listening to the rat pack. I have not met one person with a bad thing to say about him. I can see where my father got his big, Italiano heart from, because my grandpa Cos touched so many people in his life. On this day my dad and I were talking about him and remembering all of the great things he's said and done and there's one thing he always said and I keep it with me, my dad and stepmom and little brothers keep it with them.

 "Smile and the world will smile with you. Frown and you are all alone." 

Truer words have not been spoken.

So happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there and especially my own, and hope you are all surrounded by smiles. For all you do you deserve a day for all of us to say thank you.










No comments:

Post a Comment