Thursday, June 19, 2014

Make A Wish

It's a staple at every birthday party but why do we only say it once a year ? 


In my opinion there are two bones that are quite important to a person, but you will never see them on an anatomy chart: your figurative backbone and your wishbone. I saw a quote on this today and couldn't have disagreed with it more.

"Never let your wishbone replace your backbone" , but I ask why can't they coexist? Wishes are a funny thing ... We put so many rules around something that we are taught as children are very abstract, amazing things. They can be as simple as I wish it wasn't raining everyday for the next two weeks to as complicated and messy as I wish my mom was still here today. But... When did they become such terrible things? Wishes are the differentiator between people. We all have wishes, but it's the imagination and drive behind a wish that makes a wish a reality. It's the difference between those who talk the talk but don't deliver, and those who both say and do.

Wishes are the best part of reality because they tell you a lot about a person that you may have not known before because a wish isn't something you're supposed to talk about. It's one of those ideas that starts in the "do not discuss with others" part of your mind where I think some of the greatest thought processes in history have come from. So I say you're right don't replace your backbone with your wishbone, make your wishes happen because you have a backbone.

So that next big project or marketing idea, that travel plan, that anything why not start with your wishbone instead of your backbone?

I say everyday you should say to yourself ... Make a wish


No comments:

Post a Comment