Friday, June 6, 2014

Sometimes A Girl Just Needs a Burger

Everyday on the internet, on the tv, in the magazines you hear what's bad for you, and what you should be doing (more often than not, what you shouldn't)


Don't drink Diet Coke, it has aspartame.
Don't use your cell phone too much, it causes cancer.
Don't eat carbs, they make you gain weight. (From a carb connoisseur I'm still waiting for someone to prove this false)

Where am I going with this all? I promise there's a point.

Well I like to consider myself a pretty healthy person, I count red wine and dark chocolate as exceptional health supplements, but in all seriousness I do. So in attempts to improve my health I decided to supplement my typical medium-rare, little piece of heaven burger for a frozen veggie burger for lunch.

For the sake of being completely candid,it wasn't as good as the real thing (more like a cardboard cutout of what a burger should be) and it just made me want a REAL burger. A medium, rare beef burger with pickles, bacon and mustard to be specific.

It's kinda like life. We try so hard to do "what we're supposed to do" that we ignore the things that make us tick, the things that we enjoy just because.

Sometimes we just need to just step back and enjoy life.

Sometimes a girl just needs a burger.



No comments:

Post a Comment