Friday, June 20, 2014

Freaks and Geeks

Let's be honest we've all got a little freak and geek in us. ( and it was a pretty damn amazing show)


When I was younger I worked hard to cover up my inner freak and geek. I was the girl who would set the curve and the one who the teacher said "can someone answer the question besides lindsay." So I learned to be good at sports and used my sarcastic sense of humor to cover up my love of space and science, my awkward dance moves and silly little quirks. I did everything in my power to even avoid wearing my glasses (let's say I spent at lot of time in the front the class). Then as I grew up and out of my awkward stage I really started coming into my own and really became comfortable with not only myself but all the freak and geek tendencies I posses.

 Today I was sitting in my car snap chatting myself in a batman mask eating my daily chocolate vitamin ( a Reese's of course) and I found myself laughing ... At myself. And then it hit me,  the people who I enjoy spending the most time with are the ones who let my inner geek flag fly and they do the same. They are the quirkiest people, but they do something that I find more valuable than anything: they make me laugh and they get me.  Not just any laugh either I mean the laugh until you cry, stomach hurts the next day kinda laugh. The people who understand my love of  words (I've got a thing for vocabulary), that understand my favorite tee is my NASA cut off, that my karaoke is decent at best but I love doing it ( and they're in the crowd cheering my salt-n-pepa on). My advice to anyone who knows me never underestimate the power of making me laugh and smile.

It's funny how as we grow we change, at one point I would've worked hard to fit a mold, and now I try to do anything but, and the people I appreciate having around me the most are the out of the box people who do the same. Like I said you can deny it but we're all freaks and geeks in some way. 

Sooo... Why not embrace it and let your freak flag fly? 









No comments:

Post a Comment