Thursday, June 26, 2014

En Fuego

There are some people you meet and pass and barely remember, "safe people." Then there are those who have a certain fire about them, "the risky bets."


I was always told that I had a fire for things. Whether it's a firey passion for speaking my mind, or the fire behind my motivation to do well for myself.  In the everyday, I feel like it's getting harder and harder to find people with that fire behind their drive. That something that makes their face light up. It takes a lot to not only get, but maintain my attention, and it seems the people who have the ability to do this (men, women, friends, family) also have a fire for something. In one sense they completely intrigue me, and in the other sense they scare the hell out of me.

There's one thing about fire: when used to a beneficial purpose it has the luminosity that you can't take your eyes off of. It's incandescent. You want to get closer to it, get warm, relax and get comfortable with it. On the other hand, they always say don't play with fire, fire can be combustible, explosive. It's a fine balance, and it's not perfect, but it can be worth it.

That's the thing isn't it, the best things around aren't evens Stevens, safe bets. It's making the decision to either play it safe or go for the greater reward and put yourself at risk of getting burned. 

Me? I've made enough safe bets and comfortable decisions in life, work and more that I think it's time that I start getting more comfortable playing with fire. 

Given the choice to be en fuego or lukewarm , I think it's clear which path I prefer.





No comments:

Post a Comment